Thursday, October 24, 2013

Frocktober Day Twenty Four

 
Guest Frockster # 7
 
Today's guest frockster is the fabularse (her word, not mine - although she's definitely fabulous) Ms Helga von Trollop from Christchurch New Zealand.
 
(I feel I should cue applause and cheering here!)

Helga is a singer with not one, but two bands(!), who is obsessed with second-hand, "prancing about in an unseemly manner" and generally just looking gorgeous (although there's a lot more to her than that!)

She says "I dress to the max most days because I get a great deal of pleasure from it" (what better reason could there be?!)

She also says (and I like this) "I'm in my 40's, and you need to know that being over 40 doesn't mean a decline into banality, it's really rather pleasant"

(I'm nearly 50 and sometimes I feel like I'm disappearing...Helga's words give me courage to be a little more like the colourful and nosiy me I used to be when I was younger...)

I could trot out Helgarisms until the cows come home, but instead, feast your eyes, because here she is in all her glory, frocked-up specially for us!

Ms Helga von Trollop "feeling experimental with a weird peachy colour and pantaloons"
 
On (ovarian) cancer Helga says this: "I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer therefore I feel all cancer to be the scourge of womankind. Don't be remiss on getting routine checks, ladies, and pay special attention to anything unusual"
 
Sage advice Helga, I hope everyone's got their listening ears on!
 
Helga also says "Sponsor Kylie NOW!"
 
(she doesn't really say that, I'm putting words in her mouth, but you can, if you want, here)
 
flashing her panti(loon)s - she does that a bit, I think it's the trollop in her?!
 
 
Until tomorrow x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




15 comments:

  1. Helga is delightful. I love the pantaloons! And I agree with Helga. I intend to remain just as unconventional and as outspoken as I want to be till the day I die. I haven't done much "by the books" so far in life. Why start now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I want to hang out with Helga and prance about in an unseemly manner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lady, she is a tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A round of applause for Helga! What a treat! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Helga has joined frocktober. She wears frocks like no one else! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HvT is the most adorable woman ever! And she's wearing pantaloons! No decline into banality going on there, that's for sure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt like you sometimes Kylie,...the disappearing thing. I'm 51 now and buying more colourful clothes as I age. I'm no Helga of course, but I refuse to blend into the background. I applaud Ms von Trollop's words, I lost my mum to kidney cancer and have had a brush with the disease myself. We all need to be cancer aware. Hats off to you for raising awareness and so much money.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Pantaloons! Helga seems very fabulous indeed. Great red boots too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, it's like you got the Queen to come to tea! I love Helga! She IS fabularse but she is also very kind, sweet and all round lovely. And as for her quotes. Being over 40 is 'really rather pleasant'. She cracks me up. Well done Kylie for getting her on your blog. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all need some Helga in our lives x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabularse - that is a word I'm going to use a lot from now on!! Love Helga!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helga makes my heart skip beats and I love her immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where does one find pantaloons? I want to wear them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwwwwww, yay, I'm so happy and honored to take part in Frocktober! Thank you, darling, for asking me, and thank you to all the sweeties above saying such nice things! XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete