Sunday, October 28, 2012

Softies for Mirabel

I know you probably don't know if you're Arthur or Martha when you swing by this blog...one day it's retro interiors, the next treasures I've found in the oppies, and today, inspired by the Pipstars post (here), I've got my craft-thing on.

(actually the Pipstar not only inspired my rare foray into the world of making, she also set me up with instructions. That's how she rolls you know, she's an all round good egg)

Meet Owly, my contribution to 2012's Softies for Mirabel toy drive...

he's rather cute isn't he...

(thankfully for me, with softies like these, the more wonk the better!)

My Owly is based on these sweet owlies designed by Heidi Iverson.

image via More Softies

Pippa said they'd be a nice place for a wonky stitcher like me to start, and she was right. Tres facile! (and you know if I say that, it's the honest to God's truth!)

Pippa also said "everyone needs an owl friend" I hope so.


he'd wink, if he could.


If you'd like to make a softie for the Mirabel kids too, go for it! Click the link up top, or this one for more info.
x

14 comments:

  1. So very cute...he will really make someone smile . Well done on your contribution xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhh Mr Owly is so sweet love the vintage fabrics you used. My best friend adores owls and makes her own great ones that she sells. I have just brought her a gorgeous red glass owl as part of her christmas box. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't really go wrong with an owl. Imagine the hugs it will get. You are a Jack of alll trades it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is adorable! It's going to make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Wonk the owl is a delight, Kylie! My Littlest has just looked over my shoulder and ahhed over him, so he has a fan! She loves an owl, as do I! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie, it is gorgeous and such a wonderful cause. Someone special is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lordy but you've been prolific this month Kylie! Owly is fab. Now I need to scroll back and see everything else I've missed.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Owly is very cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sewing Kylie. Such a sweet little owl.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done me proud! He's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you post all kinds of things on here Kylie - something for everyone :)
    Love your Owl, great job. I have some Dottie Dogs to go this year - such a great cause! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful! You clever clogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your owl is you.
    i don't mean this in a bad way!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete