Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Last night my husband and I had a picnic on the banks of the Swan River. I ordered a hamper from Bellisa Cafe...

Box of  Deliciousness.

Yum! Talk about a taste sensation! You really must check out Belissa if you live in Perth. The girls make EVERYTHING from scratch. They use top quality seasonal produce and are passionate about what they do. I know this sounds cliche'd but it's true! Bellisa is on Walter Road Dianella, on it's own far from all the usual suspects in Perth, but alot nicer than most of them!

In our picnic hamper there was...
Not your Grandmother's Prawn Cocktail!


Mushroom and Parmesan Tartlet.


Chicken wrapped prosciutto,fig and rocket salad (my husband's fave) and seared beef with cucumber and fetta salad (Yum! Yum! my favourite).


Fresh fruit,two cheeses and marinated olives.


Red velvet cupcakes and chocolate truffles. We were too full to eat these last night, but they've been demolished today!

It was lovely sitting by the river, feasting on our hamper and drinking sparkling wine (part of the hamper too). Unfortunately we had to end the night earlier than we would've liked because we were attacked by the biggest mozzies we've ever seen. Even the Aerogard didn't stop them attacking us!



p.s. dinner looked much nicer in real life than it does in my photos. I have a really old camera-it's held together with sticky tape!

Tomorrow I'll show you some of the wonderful treasures that I was lucky to find on the weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment